Tam's Travels 2018 Recap: 4 Days in Paris

Having been to Paris twice, frankly I have to say I am not a huge fan. Granted, both of my visits were during late winter, the weather was cold, windy, rainy, and the streets were devoid of life and color.
On top of that, on my most recent trip, there was a "greve", one of France's famous rail strikes, throughout my stay.
I'm an extreme budget traveler, so the list of things I could do was limited.

I stayed true to my love of and search for history. I walked across the Seine to Ile de la Cite and around the exterior of Notre Dame studying its intricate facade. 







I strolled along the Seine bank to see how far the flood waters had receded since their peak before my arrival. It had been some of the worst flooding on record. 
Seine flood receding March 2018

Seine flooding, March 2018

I spent several hours marveling at the collections of The Louvre and admiring the architecture of the museum itself. The modern design of the Pyrmid entrance made for some interesting compositions.



I think my favorite experience of the entire 4 days, however, was discovering St Germain des Pres Church on the Left Bank. Although the colorfully painted interior is not the original, I still had the sense of living history.






Have you been to Paris? What are your thoughts on it as a destionation? What things did you like or dislike about it?