2012 Goals and Plans

Happy New Year! 2012 is going to be a great year, I can feel it!
I hope everyone will be healthy, happy and successful in whatever they choose to do this year.

What lies ahead for me and my photography in 2012?
For starters, I have a digital photography book app coming out at an as yet unspecified date in early 2012 which I am very excited about. I will of course announce more about that in the coming weeks.

I will be publishing 2 more photography books this year. I plan to have the first of them ready by the end of February, and the second by late May, just prior to my next travel adventure. In addition, I will be looking for magazine markets which might be interested in my work.

I'm getting very excited about my return to Nepal, tentatively scheduled for late May. I'll be spending time in my former home, Boudha (largely Tibetan area of greater Kathmandu), as well as venturing to new horizons in Pokhara. After Nepal, I have plans to spend time in both Ladakh and Sikkim, former Tibetan kingdoms, now states in north/northeast India.  I'll be doing my usual travel and street photography from there, with a focus on cultures and religion. I also have one specific new project in mind which will have to unfold once I'm there "on the ground".

I am hoping to grow the stock photography aspect of my business, which is still new to me.

In a more basic sense, my goal is to remain serious and committed to my photography, and to always be moving forward.

And now, because you just might be here to see my photography instead of hear me talk about it, my image choice for New Years 2012!
Fresh Snow on the Dhauladhar Range of the Himalayas, McleodGanj, HP, India